Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    I believe we might have trouble finding a lot of football minds thinking that, a young QB with some obvious demonstrated already skills, should be sent back to the bench in his 3rd season, unless it was to be a good back-up for a newly acquired and also fairly young, league best QB level talent; to help that team on the rise make a serious run for the Championship.

Ford the rookie, with vet MBT at the helm, might have been good for the EE team (and Jones' job) and to help young Ford learn. This is more like desperate clutching at straws to have a winning season; unless some (like ego-Jones) believe MBT really is that superior level CFL QB talent. IMO, he just isn't.
    I don’t see how Ford returns to Edmonton after the 2024 season particularly if Chris Jones is still with the team.
    Once trust is broken between a HC and player it’s very hard to circle back.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I don’t see how Ford returns to Edmonton after the 2024 season particularly if Chris Jones is still with the team.
    Once trust is broken between a HC and player it’s very hard to circle back.
    John Hodge from 3downnation.com wrote an opinion piece tonight suggesting that the Elks trade Ford to Hamilton for Taylor Powell: https://3downnation.com/2024/01/07/o...wap-young-qbs/

It may not be the worst idea. I can't see Ford being happy with Jones and the Elks and can't see that changing in a year although anything is possible.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Ford helped the Elks by getting the team out of a historic, multi-season slump and this is how they repay him?

Brutal.

I've got nothing against MBT but part of me hopes this decision ends up being a disaster in the end.