Threaded View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Argos took Blackburn at #27, Riders took Straker at #32, we’ll see how that turns out. Funnily enough, we didn’t select a single LB.
    As I said - the Argos needed more NI LBs like a hole in the head.

Their draft showed good variety to cover lots of positions and potential areas of need. They got about the best receiver, the best DE, and a top rated DT in this draft; they took Blackburn I'm guessing as a safety prospect/project. Cummings is considered a good cover corner who played at Simon Fraser before UBC - he might get converted to safety as well or be an all-around depth DB - explosive jump test #s at CFL Combine The O-line picks are more like long-shots IMO, but still were starters in good college ball programs (Shin has been named all-Canadian at C) and Dankwah has an NFL shot look , (but O-line "depth" is always a CFL GOB area of concern, so to be expected?).

The main disappointment for me was they whiffed at chances to draft two of the top RBs (Peterson & Herzog) in the mid rounds but took a long-shot O-Line project in Bosse instead, when they already have lots of Canadian O-line depth, plus were able to add as good or better O-line prospects later in the same draft anyways.

Overall, the Argos did a great job there IMO; and easily won this draft over the other teams. Ticats came in 2nd likely IMO. And Ego-Jonestown shows why he is a total goof, yet again.
    Last edited by OV Argo; 05-01-2024 at 01:19 PM.