AJO..hopefully preview of what's to come

Canadian Football League Discussion Here
gilthethrill

Re: AJO..hopefully preview of what's to come

Post by gilthethrill »

AJO putting up UFL Running Back type stats!
Ryan52

Post by Ryan52 »

ajo is looking weak in pass pro tonight as well
ArgoRavi

Post by ArgoRavi »

He ended up with 32 yards on 11 carries against Hamilton and most of his yardage came on 2 late 4th quarter carries.
Will

Post by Will »

The Riders still won.
gilthethrill

Post by gilthethrill »

Yes the Riders beat another bad team to start the season. Watching this game, I couldn't believe how often both Harris and BLM rely on 4 yard passes with the expectation that the receiver will gain the 1st Down on his own. High completion % are really misleading. Both had great passing stats, but if it wasn't for busted coverages, especially by Mace's D, there wouldn't have been any downfield passing at all.

Oh, and nice stat line AJO. Riders go 6-12.
ARGO57

Post by ARGO57 »

AJ Ouelette.
11 carries for 32 yards, no Thor’s Hammer last night.
18X World Champions
paulwoods13

Post by paulwoods13 »

Apart from a couple of nice bursts late in the game last night, Ouellette has not been able to find much room to run behind the Riders' o-line. Watching from the stands, I felt he looked pretty frustrated at times. Also looks banged up already. Not having an Andrew Harris to spell him off could be problematic.
gilthethrill

Post by gilthethrill »

ARGO57 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:36 am AJ Ouelette.
11 carries for 32 yards, no Thor’s Hammer last night.
More like " Fisher Price" Hammer.
ArgoRavi

Post by ArgoRavi »

gilthethrill wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:18 am Yes the Riders beat another bad team to start the season. Watching this game, I couldn't believe how often both Harris and BLM rely on 4 yard passes with the expectation that the receiver will gain the 1st Down on his own. High completion % are really misleading. Both had great passing stats, but if it wasn't for busted coverages, especially by Mace's D, there wouldn't have been any downfield passing at all.

Oh, and nice stat line AJO. Riders go 6-12.
Yeah, I am not sold on the Riders yet either. They play the Ticats again next week so may go 3-0; I guess this is building up their confidence.
ArgoRavi

Post by ArgoRavi »

paulwoods13 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:47 pm Apart from a couple of nice bursts late in the game last night, Ouellette has not been able to find much room to run behind the Riders' o-line. Watching from the stands, I felt he looked pretty frustrated at times. Also looks banged up already. Not having an Andrew Harris to spell him off could be problematic.
I agree, Paul. They still have Hickson around and would be wise to dress him and have him spell Ouellette on occasion.