The Ticats lose

Canadian Football League Discussion Here
Will

Re: The Ticats lose

Post by Will »

ArgoRavi wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:21 pm
paulwoods13 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:51 pm
ArgoRavi wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:21 am Interesting to see Trevor Hoyte, who went unsigned until after training camp had started, starting for the Ticats tonight. That raises questions about their drafting and recruiting IMO.
I aways liked Hoyte when he was here, and was surprised it took so long for him to sign elsewhere. He was removed on most passing downs last night.
Hoyte is definitely a useful player but I was surprised to see him starting so quickly in Hamilton. It was his first career start last night.
Did I hear TSN say that Hoyte had the most experience of the three Ticat LBs who started?
ArgoRavi

Post by ArgoRavi »

Will wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:03 pm

I aways liked Hoyte when he was here, and was surprised it took so long for him to sign elsewhere. He was removed on most passing downs last night.
Hoyte is definitely a useful player but I was surprised to see him starting so quickly in Hamilton. It was his first career start last night.
Did I hear TSN say that Hoyte had the most experience of the three Ticat LBs who started?
I believe that they did say that.
AngeloV

Post by AngeloV »

Hoyte looked good to me. The bigger issue on that team is George in the secondary. I have yet to see him play a game in which he wasn’t targeted often.
CrazyCanuck89

Post by CrazyCanuck89 »

ArgoRavi wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:21 am Interesting to see Trevor Hoyte, who went unsigned until after training camp had started, starting for the Ticats tonight. That raises questions about their drafting and recruiting IMO.
You shouldn't be surprised, the has been in the league for three years, he deserves a shot.

CrazyCanuck89

Post by CrazyCanuck89 »

Wilson #15 was being used as the Designated International, so he did play a good portion of the game at MLB.
ARGO57

Post by ARGO57 »

AngeloV wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:22 pm
Hoyte looked good to me. The bigger issue on that team is George in the secondary. I have yet to see him play a game in which he wasn’t targeted often.
George was terrible last season.
I can’t believe Hamilton brought him back, clearly other teams are targeting him.
18X World Champions
Scooter McCray

Post by Scooter McCray »

The rematch should be fun. I'm happy Mitchell is healthy and playing well. Good Argo and TiCat teams is a good thing for the league and fans.
Make Clemons President!!!
ArgoRavi

Post by ArgoRavi »

Scooter McCray wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 1:06 pm The rematch should be fun. I'm happy Mitchell is healthy and playing well. Good Argo and TiCat teams is a good thing for the league and fans.
Mitchell is performing better than I expected but, as Milt Stegall, would say, they aren't winning.
Will

Post by Will »

ArgoRavi wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 11:02 pm
Scooter McCray wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 1:06 pm The rematch should be fun. I'm happy Mitchell is healthy and playing well. Good Argo and TiCat teams is a good thing for the league and fans.
Mitchell is performing better than I expected but, as Milt Stegall, would say, they aren't winning.
Not at the fault of BLM though.