AJO..hopefully preview of what's to come

Canadian Football League Discussion Here

Moderator: ArgoGabe22

AngeloV

AJO..hopefully preview of what's to come

Post by AngeloV »

Ouelette had a pretty dismal performance against the Elks, hopefully a sign of things to come. 19 carries for 32 yards and a fumble. His numbers actually flatter him, as he had a 11 yard run on a give up play on 2nd and very long, or he was 18 for 21 without that. He is going to find out that a lot of his success came from having the best o-line in the league and a QB that forced defenses to play back because of how well he stretched the field.

Yes, I am repeating my tweet from yesters\day.
ARGO57

Re: AJO..hopefully preview of what's to come

Post by ARGO57 »

Edmonton handed the Riders that game, some Rider fans already commenting on Ouellette saying he looked “smaller and slower” than he did in Toronto.
Truth be told Dinwiddie did a great job setting him up for success with his play calling, running behind a very good Argonaut O-Line didn’t hurt as well.
18X World Champions
kellynjk

Post by kellynjk »

I was thinking the same thing after watching the game yesterday. That without the impressive Argo O Line that Ouellette looked pretty unimpressive in his debut with Saskatchewan. It was odd though hearing the names of so many former Argos on both teams - ha!
ArgoRavi

Post by ArgoRavi »

kellynjk wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:52 pm I was thinking the same thing after watching the game yesterday. That without the impressive Argo O Line that Ouellette looked pretty unimpressive in his debut with Saskatchewan. It was odd though hearing the names of so many former Argos on both teams - ha!
Many of the former Argos had tough games in Edmonton yesterday. We have already discussed Ouellette but MBT and Javon Leake both had key fumbles while Kurleigh Gittens Jr. may have run the wrong route which led to an MBT interception. Boris Bede badly missed a fourth quarter FG too. It was weird seeing all of these players suiting up for other teams though.
gilthethrill

Post by gilthethrill »

But he scored a TD!!!! But as a comic in all seriousness, the game featured 2 bad teams in week 1.
Scooter McCray

Post by Scooter McCray »

JJ Ouellette may have also have a hard time remaining healthy. He is going to be featured heavily in their offence as he was against Elks. Except he is not sharing load with Andrew Harris and he is not behind a dominant o-line. His yards will be tough ones. I noticed he looked banged up on a few runs. He is well built, but he is not a big man.
I certainly do not wish him injury. I loved him as an Argo, and wish he had not left. But his style of running without the other factors already mentioned could definitely wear him down over 18 games.
Make Clemons President!!!
Ryan52

Post by Ryan52 »

ArgoRavi wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:37 am
kellynjk wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:52 pm I was thinking the same thing after watching the game yesterday. That without the impressive Argo O Line that Ouellette looked pretty unimpressive in his debut with Saskatchewan. It was odd though hearing the names of so many former Argos on both teams - ha!
Many of the former Argos had tough games in Edmonton yesterday. We have already discussed Ouellette but MBT and Javon Leake both had key fumbles while Kurleigh Gittens Jr. may have run the wrong route which led to an MBT interception. Boris Bede badly missed a fourth quarter FG too. It was weird seeing all of these players suiting up for other teams though.
]it was nice seeing mace celebrate the win against the chris jones circus as well
j-ski

Post by j-ski »

My guess is he will soon be sharing the load with RB/FB Clint Ratkovich and I'm sure the pair will do well.
Will

Post by Will »

I wish no ill-will in terms of production to Ouellette unless he is playing the Argos.
ArgoGabe22

Post by ArgoGabe22 »

One quarter to go and AJO really has nothing going for him so far in this game.

Fun random fact: Darian Durant lives in Toronto.