Nathan Rourke Watch

Canadian Football League Discussion Here

Moderator: ArgoGabe22

IssuesMcgee

Nathan Rourke Watch

Post by IssuesMcgee »

I figure the topic deserves a thread on here.

https://3downnation.com/2024/08/11/atla ... an-rourke/

Rourke released from the Atlanta Falcons.
kellynjk

Re: Nathan Rourke Watch

Post by kellynjk »

Have got to think that maybe Rourke considering returning to the CFL, not this season but next is becoming a real possibility. I don't follow the NFL much, is it typical for them to sign then release players within a week or so? Realize that they probably have to get their rosters down before the season starts, but it seems like a ridiculously short time frame to evaluate a player.
ArgoRavi

Post by ArgoRavi »

kellynjk wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 12:36 am Have got to think that maybe Rourke considering returning to the CFL, not this season but next is becoming a real possibility. I don't follow the NFL much, is it typical for them to sign then release players within a week or so? Realize that they probably have to get their rosters down before the season starts, but it seems like a ridiculously short time frame to evaluate a player.
To be cut this early by two NFL teams is not a good sign for Rourke.
Will

Post by Will »

ArgoRavi wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 2:03 am
kellynjk wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 12:36 am Have got to think that maybe Rourke considering returning to the CFL, not this season but next is becoming a real possibility. I don't follow the NFL much, is it typical for them to sign then release players within a week or so? Realize that they probably have to get their rosters down before the season starts, but it seems like a ridiculously short time frame to evaluate a player.
To be cut this early by two NFL teams is not a good sign for Rourke.
It isn't, but if he wants to continue to hold on to that dream then the more power to him.
OV Argo

Post by OV Argo »

He can hang around all-season waiting for a call from an NFL team that has QB issues - the amount of QB injuries is staggering lately - NFL and CFL (more than half the league's starters have been hurt and missed games so far this half-season). He might get another look, but he might not - doubt he is desperate for coin - hanging on to his dream.

It's clearly obvious though that the NFL super-experts have little respect for Rourke though - he wasn't drafted there, he didn't play for a big Div I power team, AND his CFL performance (including setting the historic league's all-time season completion % mark) means zip to those NFL dullards. You'd think they might grasp that accomplished CFL QBs like Moon or Garcia have blown away dozens and dozens of high draft pick bust QBs down there, but they don't. So I hope (for CFL fan sake / not Nathan's) that they stay ignoramuses and maybe Nathan is forced to return to play in the big pro league in his own country.
IssuesMcgee

Post by IssuesMcgee »

Rourke is officially a free agent after going unclaimed on the waiver wire.

https://3downnation.com/2024/08/12/nath ... m-falcons/
argolio

Post by argolio »

Getting cut by four teams in less than a year cant be a good sign for him.
ArgoZ

Post by ArgoZ »

To me, the Bills are a perfect fit. They’ve always been keen on CFL players and they really need some QB depth. Rourke would fit that offence too. I keep hearing about the CFL’s unlimited marketing salary. Every CFL team could and should offer Rourke $500k salary and $500k marketing IMO.
AngeloV

Post by AngeloV »

Unpopular take: I don’t give a rat’s ass about Rourke. I hope he stays in the NFL and Ford has a way better career than he does
primetime321

Post by primetime321 »

AngeloV wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 12:39 am Unpopular take: I don’t give a rat’s ass about Rourke. I hope he stays in the NFL and Ford has a way better career than he does
I actually care about Rourke coming back because the CFL is a QB driven league. The more better QB's in the league, the better the league is.

One thing in common with Rourke and Ford; they were both cut by my New York Giants. No doubt both are better than number three Tommy DeVito but it is the Giants loss and hopefully our gain as CFL fans if/when Rourke comes back.