Nathan Rourke Watch

Canadian Football League Discussion Here

Moderator: ArgoGabe22

kellynjk

Re: Nathan Rourke Watch

Post by kellynjk »

AngeloV wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 12:39 am Unpopular take: I don’t give a rat’s ass about Rourke. I hope he stays in the NFL and Ford has a way better career than he does
Oh not me! I would love to see Rourke back in the CFL!! He's a talented player and was dazzling to watch early in his season with BC. I think he would draw more fans to the CFL and would provide another opportunity to promote great Canadian talent. It would especially interesting if he ended up signing with some other team than BC. I appreciate that he wants to exhaust all the opportunities that might exist within the NFL, but it's a shame he isn't playing regular football during some of his prime playing years!!!
IssuesMcgee

Post by IssuesMcgee »

I selfishly hope following a bust in the NFL, Rourke returns to the CFL and a rivalry with Tre Ford ensues that ignites a revolution of Canadian QB talent in the CFL.

I'm not so sure if he truly wants to return to the CFL though.
ArgoRavi

Post by ArgoRavi »

IssuesMcgee wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 9:47 pm Rourke is officially a free agent after going unclaimed on the waiver wire.

https://3downnation.com/2024/08/12/nath ... m-falcons/
My understanding is that Rourke was getting paid the league minimum in Atlanta for a 2nd year player. If any other team was truly interested in him, claiming him off waivers would have been a "no brainer." That nobody has may say how far he has fallen off the NFL's radar.
AngeloV

Post by AngeloV »

primetime321 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 12:57 am
AngeloV wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 12:39 am Unpopular take: I don’t give a rat’s ass about Rourke. I hope he stays in the NFL and Ford has a way better career than he does
I actually care about Rourke coming back because the CFL is a QB driven league. The more better QB's in the league, the better the league is.

One thing in common with Rourke and Ford; they were both cut by my New York Giants. No doubt both are better than number three Tommy DeVito but it is the Giants loss and hopefully our gain as CFL fans if/when Rourke comes back.
Every CFL fan says Rourke is better than this guy or that guy in the NFL, but really there is no proof of this. Rourke likely is better in the CFL than many NFL QB’s would be, but that doesn’t necessarily translate to their game.

My dislike for him comes from his decision to chime in on the Chad Kelly situation based on no knowledge. Classic kiss ass move. F him.
kellynjk

Post by kellynjk »

I have no problem with Rourke expressing an opinion of how he felt the CFL and the Argos were handling the Chad Kelly situation. He's a talented quarterback and he would be a great addition to the CFL if he decides to return!
OV Argo

Post by OV Argo »

ArgoRavi wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 2:00 am
IssuesMcgee wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 9:47 pm Rourke is officially a free agent after going unclaimed on the waiver wire.

https://3downnation.com/2024/08/12/nath ... m-falcons/
My understanding is that Rourke was getting paid the league minimum in Atlanta for a 2nd year player. If any other team was truly interested in him, claiming him off waivers would have been a "no brainer." That nobody has may say how far he has fallen off the NFL's radar.
And so much for all that bafflegab - from either Rourke or 3 Down reporter types - about al this intense NFL "interest" after his Mickey Mouse try-out tour down there last season. Nathan says he is only interested in fighting for a #2 job down there, but ends up signing with a team that already has a young, star franchise QB and an experienced back-up ... = there was no real NFL interest (as in Warren Moon or Dieter Brock days - both signed as presumed starters there), or he would have signed with a team that had real need - the Bears, Browns and Giants ended up - with injuries - starting stiffs last season who likely aren't even close to Rourke's QB talent level. The types who haven't seen Rourke play in the CFL would gleefully assume any and all NFL QBs are superior though.

The NFL super experts could give a rat's @$$ about CFL play - next to zero respect - and especially at certain positions, with QB right at the forefront; and this has grown over time. Which, IMO, is just fine and good for the CFL.

I still would not bet on a CFL return as a sure-fire thing for Rourke; he might hold out for another year or 2 hoping to catch on with any NFL team. Another factor could be how his brother fares after finishing college ball down there this season - zip NFL interest in him either and maybe both would come up to the CFL at the same time ?
IssuesMcgee

Post by IssuesMcgee »

AngeloV wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 2:17 am
primetime321 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 12:57 am
I actually care about Rourke coming back because the CFL is a QB driven league. The more better QB's in the league, the better the league is.

One thing in common with Rourke and Ford; they were both cut by my New York Giants. No doubt both are better than number three Tommy DeVito but it is the Giants loss and hopefully our gain as CFL fans if/when Rourke comes back.
Every CFL fan says Rourke is better than this guy or that guy in the NFL, but really there is no proof of this. Rourke likely is better in the CFL than many NFL QB’s would be, but that doesn’t necessarily translate to their game.

My dislike for him comes from his decision to chime in on the Chad Kelly situation based on no knowledge. Classic kiss ass move. F him.
I forgot about that completely.

I remember thinking, what a jerk move from one QB trying to find his footing to another. What would he have to gain by throwing Kelly under the bus?

I still hope he returns to the CFL, but karma is gonna get him for that one day.
Will

Post by Will »

Well, Angelo, he is back with the Lions.
Scooter McCray

Post by Scooter McCray »

The league is in a new golden era of QBs. Can't wait for the second half of the season.
FAJARDO
KELLY
BROWN
MITCHELL
FORD
ROURKE
HARRIS
ADAMS JR
MBT
COLLAROS
MAIER
MASOLI
ALEXANDER
CRUM
STREVELER
PATTERSON
DUKES???
Make Clemons President!!!
kellynjk

Post by kellynjk »

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/nathan-rourke-si ... -1.2161688

This is exciting news!! Having Rourke back in the CFL. I do feel sorry for Vernon Adams though as he had a dazzling start to the season and although the Lions say he will not be traded, that Adams is an important leader on the team etc., you have to wonder if he will be relegated to No. # 2 quarterback now.