Nathan Rourke Watch

Canadian Football League Discussion Here

Moderator: ArgoGabe22

ArgoRavi

Re: Nathan Rourke Watch

Post by ArgoRavi »

kellynjk wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:51 pm https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/nathan-rourke-si ... -1.2161688

This is exciting news!! Having Rourke back in the CFL. I do feel sorry for Vernon Adams though as he had a dazzling start to the season and although the Lions say he will not be traded, that Adams is an important leader on the team etc., you have to wonder if he will be relegated to No. # 2 quarterback now.
I am guessing that it's back to #2 for Adams and then he will be traded in the off-season.

Rourke can own the city of Vancouver with strong play and a run to the Grey Cup this year. I am glad that he sees that.
AngeloV

Post by AngeloV »

Will wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:30 pm Well, Angelo, he is back with the Lions.
Hope he becomes Casey Prjnters 2.0
Scooter McCray

Post by Scooter McCray »

ArgoRavi wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:54 pm
kellynjk wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:51 pm https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/nathan-rourke-si ... -1.2161688

This is exciting news!! Having Rourke back in the CFL. I do feel sorry for Vernon Adams though as he had a dazzling start to the season and although the Lions say he will not be traded, that Adams is an important leader on the team etc., you have to wonder if he will be relegated to No. # 2 quarterback now.
I am guessing that it's back to #2 for Adams and then he will be traded in the off-season.

Rourke can own the city of Vancouver with strong play and a run to the Grey Cup this year. I am glad that he sees that.
The Victoria game is this month against the Redblacks. They have him listed as from Victoria not Oakville. Prodigal son returns. With a one two punch like Rourke and Adams Jr they have a great shot of getting to the Grey Cup. They will drag Ryan Reynolds and the rest of lions nation and the province of BC kicking and screaming to the big show. They have alot of home games on the second half of the season.
Make Clemons President!!!
OV Argo

Post by OV Argo »

I've always liked VA as a QB (from seeing him play in the East-West Shrine game) - a very excellent QB talent; but he has also been prone to some really poor games to go along with great ones; that recent 4 first downs / shut-out loss to the Bummers being an example. Not sure of Adams' recent injury status, or how long it will take Rourke to get up to speed there, but one more putrid game by Adams and I'd easily make the switch to get Rourke in there; and you don't set the CFL's all-time completion % record by some fluke. Really nice luxury to have both QBs for a GC run, as either could get injured down the stretch. Too bad they don't have a bit brighter OC than that Macsymik guy though - he is ultra predictable & limited - but maybe Rourke is the better QB to run his pass offence.
Scooter McCray

Post by Scooter McCray »

The football is about to get really fun to watch every week. Tight standings, playoff races, rivalry games, good QBs playing.
West Final goes through Vancouver. BC wins classic final against either of Collaros and Bombers or Harris and Riders. Tre Ford pushes Elkimos to almost playoff spot.
East Final goes through BMO Field in rematch against the Alouettes. Argos prevail with touchdowns in all 3 phases.
Argos vs. BC Grey Cup goes down as one if the greatest championship games in history. Winner Argos in overtime.
Make Clemons President!!!
IssuesMcgee

Post by IssuesMcgee »

AngeloV wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:59 pm
Look at it this way, you'll get to watch Kelly get revenge on Rourke.
kellynjk

Post by kellynjk »

IssuesMcgee wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 5:09 pm

Oh I doubt that I think Rourke is a better quarterback than Kelly. Plus I think the BC team this year is stronger than the team that the Argos have this season - so any match-up will be interesting to see.
IssuesMcgee

Post by IssuesMcgee »

kellynjk wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 5:51 pm

Oh I doubt that I think Rourke is a better quarterback than Kelly. Plus I think the BC team this year is stronger than the team that the Argos have this season - so any match-up will be interesting to see.
Well if it's a Grey Cup game, the Argos can beat anyone. It's science. Just ask the Bombers and the Stampeders.
ARGO57

Post by ARGO57 »

BC Lions paying dearly for Nathan Rourke’s services.
$200k in “marketing money” doesn’t count against the cap.

https://3downnation.com/2024/08/13/cana ... nfl-stint/
18X World Champions
kellynjk

Post by kellynjk »

IssuesMcgee wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 10:21 pm
kellynjk wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 5:51 pm

Well if it's a Grey Cup game, the Argos can beat anyone. It's science. Just ask the Bombers and the Stampeders.
Ha, ha, I don't know about it's being science. The Lions with a quarterback the calibre of Rourke and a list of receivers including McInnis and Hollins among others could be a formidable opponent. Although the Argos defence is alot stronger than BC's. Alot might depend on who is on the injured list of both teams - but it certainly could be an entertaining matchup!!