Toronto Argonauts Discussion Here
Will

Game Thread: Edmonton Elks @ Toronto Argonauts

Post by Will »

Let's keep the +ve momentum going!
Unplayable

Re: Game Thread: Edmonton Elks @ Toronto Argonauts

Post by Unplayable »

It will be interesting to see an injury report. I am hoping we get to see Mital in action.
paulwoods13

Post by paulwoods13 »

Unplayable wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:43 pm I am hoping we get to see Mital in action.
I, too, would love that. But the fact he was six-gamed makes me think it's highly unlikely. As a first-year NAT, he has the lowest possible salary, so there aren't big savings to be achieved by six-gaming him just in case he's out that long. Plus, guys on the six can't even practise until after four games, so he won't be on the injury report at all unless he's had a miraculous recovery and is already removed from the six. It's a real shame because he looked like a MOR contender before getting injured.
Unplayable

Post by Unplayable »

I didn't realize Mital was put on the six game list. It's not easy at least for me to get info about Argo injuries. I guess I should be checking the Argos.ca site for roster news more often.

I don't see Jones listed with an injury so I presume he will be available.

And thanks for the info.
paulwoods13

Post by paulwoods13 »

Unplayable wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:54 pm I didn't realize Mital was put on the six game list. It's not easy at least for me to get info about Argo injuries. I guess I should be checking the Argos.ca site for roster news more often.

I don't see Jones listed with an injury so I presume he will be available.

And thanks for the info.
You are welcome! The best way to keep up with roster moves, IMO, is to look at the depth chart posted the day before each game. It has injured lists and the practice roster as well as the active roster.
Ryan52

Post by Ryan52 »

heads up everyone, lakeshore west line will be running hourly…
gilthethrill

Post by gilthethrill »

Argos are gonna thrash these guys Saturday night. MBT is going to take a beating I'm afraid.
ARGO57

Post by ARGO57 »

gilthethrill wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:20 am Argos are gonna thrash these guys Saturday night. MBT is going to take a beating I'm afraid.
Hope you are correct.
18X World Champions
shayman

Post by shayman »

Ryan52 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:39 am heads up everyone, lakeshore west line will be running hourly…
also - trains this Saturday will run only as far as Oakville.

We took GO from Oakville to the Jays on Saturday, and it was a similar setup - trains started in Oakville, and only once an hour, and the train was pretty much full by the time it got to Clarkson and it looked like some folks couldn't even get on and had to wait for the next one an hour later.

I know the maintenance has to get done - they're building a grade-separated crossing at Burloak Drive - but it sure is awkward with the Gardiner problems too.

When GO works, it sure is a fantastic way to get to the game and I just hope I live long enough to see all the construction everywhere done.
Will

Post by Will »

shayman wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:20 pm
Ryan52 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:39 am heads up everyone, lakeshore west line will be running hourly…
also - trains this Saturday will run only as far as Oakville.

We took GO from Oakville to the Jays on Saturday, and it was a similar setup - trains started in Oakville, and only once an hour, and the train was pretty much full by the time it got to Clarkson and it looked like some folks couldn't even get on and had to wait for the next one an hour later.

I know the maintenance has to get done - they're building a grade-separated crossing at Burloak Drive - but it sure is awkward with the Gardiner problems too.

When GO works, it sure is a fantastic way to get to the game and I just hope I live long enough to see all the construction everywhere done.
There isn't much choice with the Gardiner construction taking place over a three-year period.