Game Thread: Montreal Alouettes at Toronto Argonauts

Toronto Argonauts Discussion Here
paulwoods13

Re: Game Thread: Montreal Alouettes at Toronto Argonauts

Post by paulwoods13 »

Ciraco and Brissett are out for Friday. Cage, Allen, Brinkman and Carey are questionable. We are ultra-thin on the o-line, approaching disaster if both tackles have to sit. If one sits, presumably Hunter slides to tackle and Rice plays guard. Our "depth" at that point would be an untested rookie (Vandal) and ????? If both tackles sit, we're screwed.
Will

Post by Will »

That's frustrating, to say the least. Neither Allen or Cage appeared on the injury list until today, all of a sudden.
gilthethrill

Post by gilthethrill »

Has Ciraco even seen the field during the regular season? In other news Travon Tate has been a healthy scratch in Calgary.
paulwoods13

Post by paulwoods13 »

gilthethrill wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:11 am Has Ciraco even seen the field during the regular season? In other news Travon Tate has been a healthy scratch in Calgary.
Ciraco played a few snaps in jumbo formation in Game 1.
ArgoRavi

Post by ArgoRavi »

primetime321 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:09 am Speaking of Mr. Oakman, does anyone else find it peculiar that he hasn't signed anywhere else yet? I wonder if he only wants to play in Toronto and if he made a side deal with the Argos not agreeing to sign anywhere else until the Argos can free up some cash to resign him.
Keep in mind that when he was a free agent this past off-season, teams didn't exactly jump at Oakman then. I think that his age and salary work against him a bit, but I expect that someone will sign him at some point this season, especially when a team runs into injuries along their defensive line.
ArgoRavi

Post by ArgoRavi »

gilthethrill wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:11 am Has Ciraco even seen the field during the regular season? In other news Travon Tate has been a healthy scratch in Calgary.
It's interesting that two backup offensive linemen from last year - Tate and Shane Richards - are also backups with their new teams, which I am sure is disappointing for them. I am surprised that Tate isn't starting because I believe him to be capable of doing so.
gilthethrill

Post by gilthethrill »

ArgoRavi wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 4:19 am
It's interesting that two backup offensive linemen from last year - Tate and Shane Richards - are also backups with their new teams, which I am sure is disappointing for them. I am surprised that Tate isn't starting because I believe him to be capable of doing so.
The only reason Richards isn't starting in Edmonton, I believe, is because Chris Jones has been influenced by Paul Woods comments on this forum. :)
paulwoods13

Post by paulwoods13 »

gilthethrill wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:04 am The only reason Richards isn't starting in Edmonton, I believe, is because Chris Jones has been influenced by Paul Woods comments on this forum. :)
Richards played a fair bit of last week's game. I didn't watch him on every snap but although I saw him beaten cleanly a couple of times, I have to admit he seemed to hold his own for the most part. It's not enough to convince me he's starting-calibre, but time will tell.
Will

Post by Will »

https://x.com/Ben__Grant/status/1806340 ... 85/photo/1

The depth chart isn't as barren as the injury report may have suggested. At least it appears that both Cage and Allen will start with Rice in support.
primetime321

Post by primetime321 »

paulwoods13 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:45 am
gilthethrill wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:04 am The only reason Richards isn't starting in Edmonton, I believe, is because Chris Jones has been influenced by Paul Woods comments on this forum. :)
Richards played a fair bit of last week's game. I didn't watch him on every snap but although I saw him beaten cleanly a couple of times, I have to admit he seemed to hold his own for the most part. It's not enough to convince me he's starting-calibre, but time will tell.
Richards came in for Tomas Kurdyla-Jack who was injured and seemed to acquit himself decently. I was surprised that the Argos defensive rush weren't all over MBT but maybe that was down to a more conservative pass rushing philosophy up front.