MBT rips the CFL

Canadian Football League Discussion Here
ARGO57

MBT rips the CFL

Post by ARGO57 »

Kudos to MBT for speaking his mind regarding player safety, totally agree with him.
The truth hurts so expect the league to issue him a hefty fine.

https://3downnation.com/2024/06/25/edmo ... -concerns/
18X World Champions
AngeloV

Re: MBT rips the CFL

Post by AngeloV »

ARGO57 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:03 pm Kudos to MBT for speaking his mind regarding player safety, totally agree with him.

He deserves a hefty fine. Just as Kristina Costabile and the Bombers executive did for publicly speaking their minds on the Kelly at rookie camp situation. Of course they weren’t fined, but comments like this are all detrimental to the league.
Personally, I believe MBT knows what he is doing. If the Elks were 3-0 he wouldn’t have said a word. He’s been in the league long enough to know this happens. I think he’s just trying to get an “us vs the world” feeling that he hopes will rally his team. A good veteran move from a really good leader.
ARGO57

Post by ARGO57 »

AngeloV wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:29 pm
ARGO57 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:03 pm Kudos to MBT for speaking his mind regarding player safety, totally agree with him.

He deserves a hefty fine. Just as Kristina Costabile and the Bombers executive did for publicly speaking their minds on the Kelly at rookie camp situation. Of course they weren’t fined, but comments like this are all detrimental to the league.
Personally, I believe MBT knows what he is doing. If the Elks were 3-0 he wouldn’t have said a word. He’s been in the league long enough to know this happens. I think he’s just trying to get an “us vs the world” feeling that he hopes will rally his team. A good veteran move from a really good leader.
I agree with him, totally justified comments IMO.
I’m sure he expects to be fined but chose to speak his mind, in truth the league does a lot of lip service in regards to player safety but having one team deal with three short weeks and another team with zero doesn’t seem too fair.
Good leadership standing up for his team!
18X World Champions
Scooter McCray

Post by Scooter McCray »

When he was with the Argos I believe he made comments regarding the lack of MLSE support in promoting the team at the time. It was refreshing to hear from the team leader at the time.
Make Clemons President!!!
GreyCup1971

Post by GreyCup1971 »

The CFL deserves criticism and some.

Fining kickers for criticizing chipped footballs and then removing them from use? What?

Is there any input from the players?

Whatever goes on at HQ is often divorced from what takes place on the field.

I’d expect much more criticism this season.
ArgoGabe22

Post by ArgoGabe22 »

He's not wrong and not the first time he publicly criticized the league but I never saw him go after a certain spring football league which probably also had issues of its own.
AngeloV

Post by AngeloV »

Ambrosie is an idiot. He goes on Rod Pederson and calls the comments by the kickers "embarrassing". The only embarrassing this is his constant failures as a commissioner.
CFL 2.0-- the biggest scam going. Just a brutal attempt to reduce spots for higher priced Canadians with "Global" players trained in the NCAA. I also love how a player from American Samoa is considered a Global, but Boris Bede is considered an American.
But his biggest fail to me is getting everyone excited about expansion without first quietly doing the research on the possibility of a stadium.

He really has to go.
AngeloV

Post by AngeloV »

Looking at the schedule this week, it was a major gaffe by the league. This game should have been on Saturday night and Bombers at Stamps should have been tonight. Stamps coming off a bye and Bombers playing last Thursday each would have significant rest. The only thing that might have created a problem is the availability of BC Place. Does the soccer team play at home Saturday?
Another possibility would have been to play this game on Canada Day Monday, but maybe TSN doesn’t want to share their NHL free agent frenzy.
ArgoRavi

Post by ArgoRavi »

AngeloV wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:44 am Looking at the schedule this week, it was a major gaffe by the league. This game should have been on Saturday night and Bombers at Stamps should have been tonight. Stamps coming off a bye and Bombers playing last Thursday each would have significant rest. The only thing that might have created a problem is the availability of BC Place. Does the soccer team play at home Saturday?
Another possibility would have been to play this game on Canada Day Monday, but maybe TSN doesn’t want to share their NHL free agent frenzy.
I think that the Whitecaps play on Friday night but I suspect that the league didn't want to saddle the Stamps with a Thursday night home game, given their attendance struggles.
paulwoods13

Post by paulwoods13 »

AngeloV wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:44 am Another possibility would have been to play this game on Canada Day Monday, but maybe TSN doesn’t want to share their NHL free agent frenzy.
TSN has a title sponsor for Thursday Night Football, so there's no way any Thursday game will be scrapped, for Canada Day or any other alternative. CBS wants Sunday night games all summer. And of course TSN needs a game each Friday and Saturday. Thu-Fri-Sat-Sun football all summer is why teams get schedules like the one MBT complained about.