Will

Re: Game Thread: Edmonton Elks @ Toronto Argonauts

Post by Will »

https://www.cfl.ca/2024/06/17/week-3-injury-reports/

Of concern is FLO DNP today (ankle)
primetime321

Post by primetime321 »

gilthethrill wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:20 am Argos are gonna thrash these guys Saturday night. MBT is going to take a beating I'm afraid.
With the way that the Elks O-line had a difficult time with the three man rush of the Als last week, I can't see MBT having much time against the Argos relentless pass rush. The Elks will need to use an extra man or two to pass block on most plays.
IssuesMcgee

Post by IssuesMcgee »

Kelly vs MBT would have been a great storyline for this game.

While I like MBT, his return to the CFL seems kind of silly to me after all he said and did upon leaving the league shortly after two seasons ago.

I also believe Tre Ford is the QB Edmonton needs. I hope the Argos make Jones and company look like idiots for refusing to start Ford. Not that Edmonton has needed the Argos for that up until this point.
gilthethrill

Post by gilthethrill »

IssuesMcgee wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 5:15 pm Kelly vs MBT would have been a great storyline for this game.

While I like MBT, his return to the CFL seems kind of silly to me after all he said and did upon leaving the league shortly after two seasons ago.

I also believe Tre Ford is the QB Edmonton needs. I hope the Argos make Jones and company look like idiots for refusing to start Ford. Not that Edmonton has needed the Argos for that up until this point.
Do you think it's remotely possible that Jones uses Ford in certain situations Saturday night?
IssuesMcgee

Post by IssuesMcgee »

gilthethrill wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:45 pm
IssuesMcgee wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 5:15 pm Kelly vs MBT would have been a great storyline for this game.

Do you think it's remotely possible that Jones uses Ford in certain situations Saturday night?
Maybe with 2 minutes left in 4th if the Argos are up by 30 points. Maybe.
Scooter McCray

Post by Scooter McCray »

IssuesMcgee wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:05 pm
gilthethrill wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:45 pm

Maybe with 2 minutes left in 4th if the Argos are up by 30 points. Maybe.
So you're saying there's a chance.
Make Clemons President!!!
Scooter McCray

Post by Scooter McCray »

Last game of the year - Toronto at Edmonton Friday October 25 at 9:30 pm ET. Chad Kelly vs. MBT. The Old Bull vs. The Young Calf - Dontcha dare miss it.
Make Clemons President!!!
primetime321

Post by primetime321 »

With Orimolade, Jonathan Jones and Daniels all being out on Saturday, I wonder who will replace them. With Coxie healthy again, will Marshall and Darkangelo come off of the practice roster to replace Daniels and Jones . Will there be some juggling on the D-line with Ceresna playing more end? Given the time that Cassar and Sopik both received in the first game, maybe that's how the defense will compensate for Jones absence.
gilthethrill

Post by gilthethrill »

primetime321 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 11:08 pm With Orimolade, Jonathan Jones and Daniels all being out on Saturday, I wonder who will replace them. With Coxie healthy again, will Marshall and Darkangelo come off of the practice roster to replace Daniels and Jones . Will there be some juggling on the D-line with Ceresna playing more end? Given the time that Cassar and Sopik both received in the first game, maybe that's how the defense will compensate for Jones absence.
The roster on the team website appears outdated, or at least confusing. LB Khalan Tolson was released after TC but remains on the roster, is he an option? Argos signed a WR named Jake Herslow recently and he shows on the main roster instead of the PR. Is he ahead of Marshall and Polk, both who appear on the PR?
I would assume Sopik draws in for Jones and Parrish will seem more snaps in FO's absence. With all these injuries after just 1 game, the team could use back to back bye weeks.
AngeloV

Post by AngeloV »

The depth chart is out. Muddy Waters starts at WILL and Polk starts in Daniels spot at boundary SB. Ceresna listed as DE behind Parrish, although we all know that is roster manipulation as he can replace a Canadian for a certain amount of plays.
Daniels, Orimilade both listed on the 6 game IR. I now no longer pay attention to it, because in yesterday's presser, Dinwiddie said that Daniels was running around pretty good in practice, but they will hold him out until next week.
Here is the link to the depth chart, practice roster and injury list from the website:

https://static.cfl.ca/wp-content/upload ... 4-PDF3.pdf