Lions at Bombers

Canadian Football League Discussion Here

Moderator: ArgoGabe22

AngeloV

Lions at Bombers

Post by AngeloV »

This one could get ugly with Bombers on a really short week and Lions coming off a bye. At least Derek Taylor and Doug Brown will have their built in excuse this week. Blaming the referees last week was such a cop out.

Lions are the only team with no 5 day weeks this year and they are hosting the Grey Cup. Coincidence? I think not.
ArgoRavi

Re: Lions at Bombers

Post by ArgoRavi »

Thursday night's performance by BC may have been the worst offensive performance I have ever seen in the CFL - just 4 first downs for the entire game.
AngeloV

Post by AngeloV »

ArgoRavi wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:31 am Thursday night's performance by BC may have been the worst offensive performance I have ever seen in the CFL - just 4 first downs for the entire game.
Yeah, totally destroyed my original post saying it was an unfair competitive balance to have a team off a bye playing a team on 5 days between games.
Maybe the west just really isn’t very good.
kellynjk

Post by kellynjk »

Wow didn't see that coming - BC Lions had 4 first downs and 102 yards of net offence and 0 points on the board. Vernon Adams looked awful last night, sure the Winnipeg defence played well and pressured him, but he really looked off. Shame to see him get injured though, especially with the way he's been playing for most of the season.

Rick Campbell says it's not a season ending injury (that it will take weeks, not months to recover) but he had to be taken off the field in a cart at the end of the game, so that's not a good sign.
Scooter McCray

Post by Scooter McCray »

The West Division is going to get bunched up more than me underwear in 39 C heat.
When is Trevor Harris going to play again?
Make Clemons President!!!
ArgoRavi

Post by ArgoRavi »

kellynjk wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 3:35 pm Wow didn't see that coming - BC Lions had 4 first downs and 102 yards of net offence and 0 points on the board. Vernon Adams looked awful last night, sure the Winnipeg defence played well and pressured him, but he really looked off. Shame to see him get injured though, especially with the way he's been playing for most of the season.

Rick Campbell says it's not a season ending injury (that it will take weeks, not months to recover) but he had to be taken off the field in a cart at the end of the game, so that's not a good sign.
The latest update is that Adams is now week-to-week.